Friday, July 20, 2007

Tunes to Ride!

I used my speakers and my MP3 player yesterday. As you can see in the picture below it is fastened to my left handlebar along with the bag that comes with it hooked around the handlebar so the MP3 player can ride in there while playing. The bag is big enough that you can carry the player and speakers with you when you leave the trike.



The MP3 player is a 1 Gig Sandisk Sansa Express player. It has all the bells and whistles needed to play everything I want. It has the capability to add additional memory by adding micro SD cards. The color screen is only big enough to see thumbnail size pictures but that is not my use for it. It also can not be uploaded by ITunes software but Windows Media player is sufficient. On the positive side it does not cost as much as any IPOD and has a FM Tuner that works well while on the trike.

The "I Ride" speakers are well made and are powered by three AAA batteries. There is a switch for off or on but there is no volume control on the speakers. Volume is dependent on the input devise. In this set up the Sandisk can make the volume loud enough to ride and listen comfortably. It is not a boom box, but people you pass know that you have a sound system.

Good system for what I want.

No comments: