Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Goal Accomplished !

Temp: 91, breezy and warm

I took off on a 3.25 mile ride at 6:30pm. It was around a big loop. Nice easy ride for the first 2.5 miles. Either downhill or flat ride. Then the final hills started. Remember at the first of the Summer I wanted to climb the hill from Dickerson Rd. to my house.
Well I did it tonight with out getting off the trike. I did stop once to rest for about a minute. The Edge 205 computer said that the grade on that hill is near 18% for about a quarter of a mile. Other hills on the loop are 12%, 9% and 11%. As I said I live in a Hilly area. Now my goal is to use this loop and lap it twice.
It is nice to know that my hill climbing is improving. It also helps to have tunes to listen too while riding. I will write up my setup tomorrow. I have mentioned the speakers already in a prior post.

3.25 miles in the "Quest for Fitness" 172.5 total miles.

No comments: