Friday, July 20, 2007

Break Down.

temp: 83 low humidity

Started around the loop again today. Got half way around and the idler chain came off the back axle toothed wheel again. I also realized for the first time, since this happened on hill, that your rear disc break does not work when this chain comes off.
As I was tipping over the bike to fix the chain I also broke my mirror off. OOPS.
I got the chain on but the Allen screw did not tighten as well as I wanted. So some of the BIG hill I talked about yesterday, was walked. I did not want to chance breaking the chain until I could get the wheel tightened. BTW riding without a mirror is scary and unsafe. Two things that need to be fixed is a new mirror, and someway to keep the allen screw from backing out.

Two miles in the "Quest for Fitness", 174.5 total.

No comments: