Friday, August 31, 2007

A great morning ride.

temp: 75, sunny

I rode the trike for the first time in a long time this morning.( since August 2)

The weather has been so hot that it looks like the fall season already.
This is the last day of August . It has been the the hottest August in recorded time in Nashville.
14 days over 102 degrees and a total of 24 days over 95 degrees


Leaves are on the ground and many trees are dying.


Grass and some bushes are dead.

I thought it has been too hot to ride.

It had been so long since the trike has been ridden that the front tire was almost flat. So I aired up all the tires and the air horn and rode 2.5 miles keeping speed down and enjoying it immensely. Good to be back on the trike.

This is the first time I have tested out the clipless pedals. They are nice but I move the heel of my left foot around so much that it sometimes comes unclipped when I am messing around on the bike while not riding. Not annoying, but happens more than I thought. It is nice to be clipped to the pedal when you are spinning at a high rate. No fear of the foot slipping off the pedal.

2.5 miles in the Quest of Fitness 192.6 total

No comments: