Saturday, August 4, 2007

Clipless pedals

Well I finally bought me some clipless pedals. I have waited because I have a lot of people ride my trike and with most clipless pedals they could not do that. I discovered the Shimano pedal that is half and half. One side is a platform pedal and the other side has a SPD cleat receiver. So my family can still ride the trike and I can attach on the other side.



The other thing I bought was a pair of Shimano sandals. The SPD system I bought is less expensive than most of the clipless systems and will allow you to disconnect by twisting your feet either way. What is nice about the trike, you do not have to worry about your balance while clipping or unclipping the cleat into the pedals. These sandals also allow you to walk while off the bike. The cleats are recessed in the sole of the shoe.



I will test these over the next few days and give my feelings about them.


No comments: