Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Nuts, Bolts and Screws

Temp: 79, partly cloudy

I did not get to write this yesterday so there will be two today.
Now this is what I mean by the above. You are told to check the tightness of all nuts, bolts and screws very frequently when riding a bike or trike. Remember the Allen screw that holds on the toothed idle chain wheel that I had tightened by the LBS when I got my new back chain. Well I have not checked it since. The wrong thing to do. I had ridden my bike the night before and as I said my daughter rode it almost 2.5 miles too. So my daughter in law got on it this morning, Tuesday, and went down the hill all the way to the bottom (2 miles and was going to come back up and the chain came off because the wheel was loose. She did not have an Allen wrench set on the bike so she walked all the way back. Pretty frustrating. I fixed it and also rode. So check those items often!

3 miles in the "Quest of Fitness" 153 miles total.

No comments: