Thursday, March 29, 2007

East Bank Greenway

Temp: 76, partly cloudy

Rode the East bank of the Cumberland down by the Titan's Stadium. (LP Field) Plenty of area to ride all level and interesting . You also have to deal with the homeless asking about your bike. (Never seen one like that before)



Too small of a picture of !st Ave from the east bank, River Front Park and Fort Negley.

I rode the Greenway multiple times and the railroad tracks are within 10 feet of the greenway.
I then decided to ride around the stadium and that was when two switchers pulling two gondolas of junk came through the park. Bummer, this is as close as I came to them. If only they would have come through 15 minutes earlier........




I rode about 7 miles and was about to quit when I got with another biker and he was going to Shelby bottom greenway so we took off and traveled 2 1/2 miles over to the park.




On the way I saw this Center Cab Davenport Switcher in operation moving gondolas into position.




On the way back I took this picture of 3 ways to come into Nashville. River, Music City Star and the Highway.

12.5 miles in the "Quest of Fitness"

No comments: