Thursday, October 11, 2007

Vultures, Deer and Possum

Temp: 69, windy, sunny clear

On the way to Peeler Park Greenway I topped a hill and there were 5 Vultures in the middle of the road. They jumped out of the way of the car but right after I went by they were back in the middle of the road. I have never seen that many on the ground and that close. They are really big and makes a crow look like a blackbird comparatively.

I had a nice ride through the Greenway and then went up Neely's Bend to the Peeler Park Air Field. No one was out flying their remote control aircraft, but it made for a very nice ride. Got a small dog to chase me almost 1/2 mile. I was going slow enought that he thought he could catch me and would not give up. I saw Deer and a Possum so it was a good day for wildlife watching too.

6.7 miles in the Quest for Fitness. 207 miles total

No comments: