Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Fix

Temp 84, Hazy
Forest fires in Georgia and Florida, are resulting in lowered air quality in Nashville to moderate.

A friend of mine said that I should be careful or I would break the wire on my speedometer on the EZ 3 since I was carrying it on the bicycle rack. Well it did break. I looked for a wireless speedometer to replace it. But most wireless will not transmit the distance to the top cross piece on the bike's handlebar. 70 mm was the farthest it would transmit so it would be down on the bar below the water bottle. So since it did not give me any more advantage than the wired, I repaired my wired speedometer. It was broken in the middle of the wire. If it had pulled out of the head or the pickup this might not be possible. Another friend of mine separated the two small wires soldered them and used shrink tubing to make the repair water proof.



Works well. I just have to be more careful.

2 miles in the "Quest for Fitness" 145 miles total.

No comments: